Effective Date: Jan 23, 2023
or “user”) use of the services provided via our website (collectively, the “Service”). Please note that your use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of this Policy as set forth below:
1. Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us in connection with the Service. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by e-mail sent to the address associated with your Service account and/or through the Service the next time you login. We will treat your continued use of the Service following such notice as your acceptance of the changes.
2. Third Parties. The Service may contain, and we may send to registered users, offers from third parties or links to third-party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request that such third parties provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
3. Collected Information.
Information You Submit. When you log-in to or create an account with the Service, we collect the information you provide in the applicable form and/or such information is transmitted to us from an applicable third party partner, such as Talkdesk (as further described below) in connection with the creation of your account. This information includes personally identifiable information such as (to the extent applicable) your e-mail address and password. Information you submit to the Service also includes content that you create and store on the Service, which will include such personally identifiable information as you may choose to include. When we refer to “personally identifiable information” in this Policy, we mean information that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. To the extent you decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Service.
Information Collected through Chrome Extension ("Extension"). If you use our Chrome Extension, we will collect information related to your use of the Extension (such as your cookie information, IP address, and usage information). Please note that we do not collect any information collected through the Extension itself (including personal information) or otherwise store or use information collected through the Extension for our own purposes. Users of the Extension are directly responsible for complying with any applicable data protection obligations in relation to the information they collect or process through the Extension.
Information Collected Automatically. When you use the Service, we automatically gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Service and the content you submit and view. This also includes server log data such as the IP address, operating system, or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service. As described below, we collect this information through several means, including server logs, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms. We may associate such non-personally identifiable information with the personally identifiable information that you provide in connection with the Service. But if we do so, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Talkdesk Appconnect. You may create a Service account by logging in through our third party partner Talkdesk, Inc’s (“Talkdesk”) application Appconnect (“Talkdesk Appconnect”) or through Salesforce. Integration with Talkdesk Appconnect and/or Salesforce allows you to automatically populate your Service profile with information and content from your Service account profile(s). We will use, store and disclose such information and content in accordance with this Policy. Please remember that the manner in which Talkdesk and/or Salesforce uses, stores and discloses your information and content (including with respect to any choices you may have to limit or control disclosure to us) is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the Talkdesk Appconnect and/or Salesforce as well as any applicable privacy settings you may be able to control, and not the Company.
4. Use of Information.
We use the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
5. Disclosure of Information.
We disclose the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
6. Viewing and Amending Information. You can view or amend your Talkdesk/Salesforce user account information using the Talkdesk/Salesforce service in accordance with Talkdesk’s/Salesforce’s applicable policies, terms and conditions. Please note that while changes to your account information are reflected promptly in Talkdesk/Salesforce’s databases, our servers may retain previously provided information until we receive such updated information from Talkdesk/Salesforce and have an opportunity to update our active user databases. You may also be able to view or amend your Service account information directly on our servers through your Service account page. Note that changes to, or deletion of, your Service account user information does not affect any other information collected by the Company, which the Company may retain and continue to use or disclose in accordance with this Policy.
7. Choices Regarding Third-Party Offers. To the extent we send you commercial e-mails regarding third-party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
8. Online Behavioral Advertising. The Service may enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect your non-personally identifiable information for use in online behavioral advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited the Service to send online ads for Company services to you on non-Company websites. In addition, our third-party advertising networks might use information about your use of the Site to help target non-Company advertisements based on your online behavior in general. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising or the Digital Advertising Alliance website at www.aboutads.info.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer, you may set your browser to block cookies. Additionally, you may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative by opting out at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, or of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out at www.aboutads.info/choices. Like many websites, the Site does not currently respond to “do not track” browser headers, but you can limit tracking through these third-party programs by taking the steps discussed above.
9. Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
10. Transfer As Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Company, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
11. Transfer to the U.S. or other Countries. The Company is established in and uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
12. Children Under 13. The Company does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Service is intended for adults over the age of 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Service and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to delete that Service account and any such personally identifiable information.
13. California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request a list of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personally identifiable information for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding year, pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at: 220 Halleck St Suite 120, San Francisco, CA 94129. We are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.